In the heart of the Gorkha Bazaar lies the museum in an old palace. The palace was built in 1896 BS and was known as Tallo Durbar (Palace in lower side) which was later transformed into museum. The museum encompasses a wide spectrum of historical artifacts dating as far back as in the days of Prithvi Narayan Shah and his predecessors. There were cannons, rifles, arrows, spears, and the traditional “panas”, “panche baja”, “chaityas” and other ancient relics with several paintings, horoscope, religious, economic gallery depicting the historical, religious, ethnographic, natural and other important objects.
The hiking trails were clean and fresh. It was a hike of 2 hours. Firstly we visited Pashupati Nath Mandir located near Gorakhnath Mandir, and the cave of Baba Gorakhnath near the palace.