• People ( pictures that portray people, life and culture of Nepal)
• Nature ( flora, fauna and landscape that particularly speaks about Nepal)
• Architecture ( temples, stupas, traditional constructions etc that are specific to Nepal)
• Email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject ‘LifeInNepal’
• Use the Submission from at http://www.everestuncensored.org/submitphoto
• Submit to Flickr pool (http://www.flickr.com/groups/lifeinnepal/)
Please read the following rules carefully before submitting any photos.
2) Photograph must have a caption (no longer than 30 characters)
3) Photograph must have a description. Informative description related to the subject and place of the photograph are preferred.
4) Photographs must not be altered. Minor digital enhancement is permitted, but images that have been significantly modified or appear unnatural will be considered unfit for the selection.
5) Photographs having a resolution greater than or equal to 800×600 (72 dpi) are preferred.
6) Photographs once submitted will be unfit for further submission.
Selection for ‘Life in Nepal’
Selection for ‘Photo of the month’
From among the published photographs in a particular month, six photographs are nominated by the panel of EU Life in Nepal team. Public voting will decide the final selection.
Subject: Clarity of the subject, importance of the subject, story expressed by the photograph.
Overall impact: Impact of photograph, caption and description to the public.
Composition: Focus of the main subject, creativity in the relative overall balance of the photograph.
Presentation: Correct choices of angle of view, lighting, soundness of the subject matter. Interestingness also counts here.
Technique and Difficulty: Type of shot (freely available, needs some specific technique) Photographer’s competence in the choice of shutter speed, aperture size, lens type etc.
2) Decision made by the Life in Nepal team will be final.